Acceptable Use Policy
THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS ON WHICH BOOKBAY OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES.
Welcome to BookBay's Acceptable Use Policy. This Policy describes the terms and conditions that are applicable to your use of our services. Read over these policies carefully before using the site.
Our services are available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. This includes any current and former students of Shippensburg University. If you do not belong in this category, our services may not be of help to you.
BookBay is Only a Venue.
- Online Auctions. Although BookBay is referred to as an online auction web site, it is important to realize that we are not a traditional "auctioneer". Instead, our site acts as a venue to allow anyone to offer, sell, and buy textbooks for the Shippensburg community. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
- Safe Trading. Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, BookBay cannot and does not confirm each user's purported identity. Thus, if you believe someone is acting under a false identity, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will handle all cease and desist actions.
- Release. Because we are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release BookBay (and all persons responsible for its creation) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- Information Control. We do not control the information provided by other users which is made available through our system. You may find other user's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using our site.
Bidding and Buying.
You are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller if you purchase an item through one of the auctions running on our site. If you are the highest bidder at the auction's completion and your bid is accepted by the seller, you are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller. By bidding on an item you agree to be bound by the conditions of sale included in the item's description so long as those conditions of sale are not in violation of this Agreement or unlawful. Bids are not retractable except in exceptional circumstances such as when a clear typographical error is made or you cannot authenticate the seller's identity.
Listing and Selling.
- Listing Description. You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on our Site. You must describe your item and all terms of sale when you fill out the Sell page of our Site. Your listings may only include text descriptions relevant to the sale of that item. All books must be listed under an appropriate subject. At any one time you may not promote the same book in more than one listing on our Site.
- Binding Bids. If you receive at least one bid at or above your stated minimum price, you are obligated to complete the transaction with the highest bidder upon the auction's completion, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, such as: (a) the buyer fails to meet the terms of your listing (such as payment method), or (b) you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.
- Fraud. BookBay retains the right to suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with our site.
- Manipulation. Neither you, bidders, nor sellers may manipulate the price of any item nor may you interfere with other user's auctions.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE, OUR SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE).
Enough with the legal stuff, Take me Home!